Our certification policy aim is to encourage awareness and promote environmental responsibility, and help to continuously improve certification management issues within industry, commerce and the public domain.
We understand the importance of impartiality in carrying out our management system certification activities, managing any conflict of interest and ensuring objectivity within our management system. DAS has an appointed independent impartiality committee whose primary role is to safeguard DAS’ impartiality.
We wish to achieve our aims as a major international accredited certification body and recognise that effective management of our clients, our staff, our certification process and our business results makes good business sense. It will be a fundamental and integral part of our business strategy. We will achieve this by:
- Providing our customers with a professional service that is perceived to add value to their business and satisfy their expectations
- Practising sound certification principles through competent staff and overseas Managing Agents and Agents
- Caring for and valuing our staff
- Briefing and training our staff to deliver audits that satisfy our customers, supervisory body and the standard we set
- Developing an open exchange of information with organisations and the Public on the certification service that we offer
- Continuously improving the certification service we offer
- Practising sound business principles to manage the certification body and give a return on our shareholder’s investment
- Communicating this certification policy to our staff, customers and interested parties